CALA Praises Individuals Pushing Senior Living Forward
The Connecticut Assisted Living Association (CALA) recently held its annual Outstanding Resident Service Awards on Friday, June 16th. The event was held at the Water’s Edge Resort & Spa in Westbrook, Connecticut and featured honorees from across the state.
The event featured nationally recognized lecturer Joyce Saltman, who presented a program on how to improve the lives of residents and caregivers alike through the science behind laughter. Following the motivational program, the awards ceremony was conducted, recognizing employees from across CALA’s statewide network who were selected for their excellence in providing service to their communities’ residents over the past year.
“CALA is thrilled once again to honor both those selected for CALA awards and those nominated for CALA awards,” said Chris Carter, President of CALA.
This year, CALA honored a record-breaking number of individuals, including:
- Cindy Tuttle, Academy Point of Mystic
- Gary Seri, Bridges by EPOCH of Trumbull
- Edina DaSilva, The Mews
- Elizabeth Garcia, Crosby Commons
- Valentine Anthony, Middlewoods of Newington
- Joel Mathurin, Bridges by EPOCH at Norwalk
- Kendreal McKoy, Bridges by EPOCH at Trumbull
- Luis Acosta, Maplewood of Danbury
- Renee DeMars, Masonicare at Mystic
- Ricardo Saldana, The Towers at Tower Lane
- Shesley Rodriguez, Chatham Place at Mary Wade
- Andrew M., Masonicare at Mystic
- Eileen B., Masonicare at Mystic
- Arnold C., Aviva West Hartford
- Marjorie W., Maplewood Stony Hill
- Bunny L., Maplewood at Newtown
- Gloria T., Maplewood at Newton
- Ovidio (Vidio) P., Bridges by EPOCH at Trumbull
- Anne S., Middlewoods of Farmingon
- Sue B., Masonicare at Ashlar Village Pond Ridge
- Eleanora N., Middlewoods of Newington
- Phyllis B., The Greens at Cannondale
- Marilyn D., Chatham Place at Mary Wade
Of particular note was Masonicare at Mystic, the community that featured the highest number of honorees — including Renee DeMars, who received a CALA Outstanding Resident Service Award, alongside Andy Milewski and Eileen Bengston, who each received CALA Outstanding Resident Accomplishment Awards.
“CALA offers heartfelt congratulations to Masonicare at Mystic team member Renee DeMars and residents Andy and Eileen for their selection as CALA award recipients!” said Chris Carter.
About the Connecticut Assisted Living Association:
Founded in 1995, the mission of the Connecticut Assisted Living Association (CALA) is to enhance the quality of life for those the association serves. CALA serves as an active resource for its members through the proactive development and implementation of continuing educational services and professional development efforts for the members while supporting and advancing the common business interests of assisted living service providers in Connecticut. For more information, visit https://ctassistedliving.com.