Masonicare is the not-for-profit leader in the State of Connecticut for senior focused healthcare and residential living options. We are currently recruiting for a key position, please feel free to contact Jillian Cozzi, Recruiting Manager at (203) 679-6903 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Sales Counselor cultivates and closes sales for Masonicare at Ashlar Village, Pond Ridge. Responsible for meeting sales and occupancy goals through an efficient pre-entrance through move-in process. Participates in community-specific marketing and census development. Tracks leads, sales and trends through use of CRM and regular activities.
Sales Counselor – Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent Masonicare professionally and graciously. Become well-informed about the Masonicare mission, continuum and culture. Set a tone of competence, caring and hospitality whether on the phone or in person.
- Meet sales and sales activity objectives for Masonicare.
- Average 5-10 completed telephone call-backs or follow up calls per day, or 25 per week and 10-15 appointments per week to generate 40 appointments per month average.
- Build the wait list for future residency.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of standard and optional services, prices, residency agreements and administrative guidelines under which Masonicare operates.
- Conduct tours, handle appointments; evaluate financial eligibility of prospective residents.
- Networking with other healthcare providers such as rehab facilities, local hospitals, doctors’ offices, case managers, senior centers and other providers.
- Serve as the face of Masonicare to the business community and community at large, including participating in civic organizations and Chamber of Commerce.
- Anticipate additional, non-routine work hours in order to accommodate prospects’ schedules and sales objectives.
- Outside sales calls to area professionals (skilled nursing, home care, attorneys, etc.) to help build referrals.
- Home visits as needed to help build rapport with prospects, targeting one lead per week with creative approach.
- Collaborate on marketing support.
- Provide feedback with respect to advertising, direct mail, special events, and collateral materials in development to ensure that target audience is being reached.
- Enhance understanding of the organization through outreach, networking and public speaking opportunities.
- Maintain up-to-date information on competing communities and participate in yearly competitive analysis.
- Track all contacts / inquiries in CRM system including updates, follow-ups/status through move-in.
- Ensure receipt of all required financial, insurance, and medical documentation required for residency approval
- Prepare weekly marketing activity reports relative to sales goals on leads and level of interest (i.e., warm/hot lead, depositor, follow-ups)
- Participate in daily department sales activities and workflow.
- Assist in planning and participate in open houses luncheons, expositions and public relations/marketing events both on and off site.
- Maintain all records in a confidential manner for the transition to the administration upon closing and occupancy by the resident.
- Participate in marketing and sales meetings with marketing team to review census, availability, and marketing efforts; contribute to strategy development accordingly.
- Assist in the move-in process for new residents, assuring accommodation readiness and other details for a smooth transition
- Attend LeadingAge/CALA meetings, Masonicare Marketing meetings and other educational programs as requested by the Marketing Manager.
- Performs other duties as needed.
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Experience: Minimum five years hospitality or sales experience; experience in retirement living sales, assisted living or healthcare setting a plus
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Current motor vehicle license
Key Competencies: Proficient reading, writing, grammar, public speaking skills; strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop new relationships; ability to communicate clearly and effectively; good organizational skills with attention to detail and confidentiality. Engages with residents, staff and prospective residents in a patient, courteous and caring manner.