Masonicare is the not-for-profit leader in the State of Connecticut for senior focused healthcare and residential living options. We are currently recruiting for a key position, please feel free to contact Jillian Cozzi, Recruiting Manager at (203) 679-6903 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs initial and ongoing nursing assessments utilizing the nursing process to establish a comprehensive goal directed resident plan of services.
- Develops, implements and evaluates resident plan of services.
- Medication management and physician order follow through.
- Transcribes, implements and evaluates physician orders in a timely manner.
- Provides education, supervision and counseling to resident and family regarding AL procedures and other care needs.
- Provides coordination of the plan of services and maintains continuity of care with other professionals.
- Documents accurate, pertinent and comprehensive information in a timely and concise manner.
- Conducts supervisory visits of resident care assistants, companions and homemakers as required.
- Arranges and participates in educational programs, inservices, meetings and workshops and utilizes current literature to enhance professional skills and knowledge.
- Assessments, completed as often as necessary based on client’s condition but not less frequently than every one hundred and twenty (120) days, and prompt action when a change in the client’s condition would require a change in the client’s service program.
- Referral to appropriate professionals or agencies, whenever the client’s condition necessitates, including the provision of current clinical information ensuring that if the client’s condition is no longer chronic and stable, services of a licensed home health agency are engaged or other appropriate arrangement are made.
- Planning for clients who shall no longer receive or require the services of the assisted living services agency.
- Implementation or delegation of responsibility for the availability of nursing services on a twenty-four (24) hour basis.
- Nursing services, which shall include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- client teaching
- wellness teaching
- health promotion
- disease prevention.
- Responsible for medication administration and delegation of supervision of self-administered medications as specified in subdivision (4) of the subsection.
- On call responsibilities shared with SALSA.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: RN Degree required
Experience: Previous Assisted Living and Homecare experience preferred. Minimum of 1-year experience in a nurse management or supervisory position preferred. Previous experience with hiring and coaching staff, and performance management of staff.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: RN License in good standing with the state of CT.
Proficiency in computer skills, with the ability to learn new applications.
* Demonstrates competency in organizational, time management skills, good
judgement to include nursing, problem solving and decision making skills.
* Possess written and verbal skills needed for effective communication