Brightview Senior Living is currently looking for an Executive Director at Brightview on New Canaan in Norwalk, Connecticut. This beautiful community offers both Assisted Living and Memory Care living options.
The Executive Director in a Brightview community embraces the vision, the mission and the vibrancy of the organization. This person leads a team in creating and maintaining a vibrant and engaging living environment for Brightview residents and makes their community a great place to work for our associates.
In this role, you will work in an entrepreneurial environment and be empowered to lead your community with creativity and independence. You will oversee day to day business operations to ensure exceptional quality and service, sustained resident satisfaction and associate engagement, operational efficiency, and strong financial results.
As the Executive Director, you’ll be involved in every facet of the operation – Hospitality, Health Services, Dining, Programming, Sales, Maintenance, and the Business Office. You’ll have the opportunity to truly make your mark while making a difference in the lives of both residents and associates.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Consistently and genuinely demonstrate the STARS principles of Service, Teamwork, Action, Reputation and Success in all activities and interactions.
- Directors of each functional discipline will report directly to you and together you will lead the team of associates across the community.
- Focus on team building so that departments continue to work to support one another.
- Participate in new hire orientation and ongoing training.
- Regularly spend time with residents and their families and participate in community events.
- Represent our community and organization both internally and externally, particularly when it comes to sales and marketing.
- Partner with the Community Sales Director on all aspects of marketing the community, including networking, sales, advertising, public relations, and community events.
- Develop and monitor the community’s annual operating budget and business plan; lead the Director team in the execution of both, ensuring achievement of financial targets, quality standards, resident satisfaction and associate engagement.
- Achieve financial goals through driving occupancy and monitoring expenses.
- Regularly inspect the community to ensure it is in pristine condition and that all safety protocols are followed.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies and Brightview policies and procedures.
- Participate in the Manager on Duty program.
With our residents in mind, the right candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent experience.
- Seven years of leadership experience in senior living and/or a multidisciplinary team environment; operations experience in a senior living, hospitality, or residential care environment strongly preferred.
- Exceptionally strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Desire and ability to provide excellent customer services.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and manage multiple tasks.
- Proficiency in MS Office products, internet and industry-specific software programs for marketing, payroll, and accounts payable/receivable.
- Meet state licensing requirements (where applicable).
- Problem analysis and resolution at both a strategic and a functional level.
Brightview Senior Living opened its first senior living community in 1999 and today offers over 35 communities in eight states (and counting!!!!). The communities include Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Alzheimer’s Care options and we are currently experiencing very impressive and sustained growth.
Brightview is a privately held company based in Baltimore, Maryland, and we have been in business for more than 30 years. We develop, manage, and own residential real estate specializing in senior living communities in the Mid-Atlantic, NY Metro and New England regions.
“Vibrant People Creating Vibrant Communities”
Located at 162 New Canaan Avenue in Norwalk, Brightview on New Canaan provides senior living in Connecticut and is easily accessible from both I-95 and Merritt Parkway. We serve Fairfield County, including Norwalk, Darien, Westport, Greenwich, and the surrounding areas.