Director of Nursing/SALSA (Registered Nurse/RN) – Full Time; Assisted Living – Southport, CT
Maplewood Senior Living is a state-of-the-art, forward-thinking senior living provider. We offer a home-like, luxury environment for our residents, allowing them to live “the good life” in a safe environment. As an associate of Maplewood at Southport, you will have the ability to make a profound difference in the lives of seniors each and every day. As we continue to grow, we are seeking a dedicated Director of Nursing to become part of our family. We invite you to take your first step toward a rewarding career with us!
Maplewood at Southport is hiring a Registered Nurse (RN) for a full-time, salary opportunity as Director of Nursing (Resident Services Director).
Maplewood at Southport is the only independent living, assisted living and memory care community located in Fairfield County’s beautiful coastal hamlet of Southport. This new state of the art facility, slated to open July 2019, is located at 917 Mill Hill Terrace in Southport, CT.
APPLY NOW at www.maplewoodseniorliving.com/careers or visit our Leasing Gallery at 1720 Post Road, Fairfield, CT to learn more or fill out an application.
Maplewood Senior Living offers paid training, bonus & incentive programs and a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees including medical, dental, vision, paid time-off, voluntary Aflac insurance and a 401K plan.
Working hand in hand with our Executive Director and community leadership team, the Director of Nursing (SALSA/Resident Services Director) helps to make a sincere difference in the lives of our residents, family members, and associates by overseeing the day to day care.
- Administration of nursing services
- Plan, coordinate and direct care to residents
- Interpret policy and regulations to ensure compliance
- Oversee medication delivery system
- Supervise nurses and certified nursing assistants
- Provide oversight of all care provided to residents
- Complete assessments of residents
- Participate in sales and marketing process
- Ensure associate training compliance
- Support residents and families as needed
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or equivalent experience, and knowledge of aging and disability issues
- Must be a Registered Nurse, licensed to practice in the state of Connecticut, with a minimum one year experience in assisted living or home care
- A minimum of 3-5 years management experience
- Experience and passion in working with seniors in a long term care or home-based care setting
- Able to perform tasks which may be physically demanding such as pushing, bending and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with residents, their families, peers and other staff members.
- In good physical and emotional health and free of communicable diseases.