Associate Director of Nursing (Resident Service Designee/RN Designee) – Full Time – Darien
Maplewood Senior Living is a state-of-the-art, forward-thinking senior living provider. We offer a home-like, luxury environment for our residents, allowing them to live “the good life” in a safe environment. As an associate of Maplewood Senior Living, you will have the ability to make a profound difference in the lives of seniors each and every day. As we continue to grow, we are seeking a dedicated and caring Associate Director of Nursing (RN Designee) to become part of our family. We invite you to take your first step toward a rewarding career with us!
Maplewood at Darien is currently hiring a Full-Time Associate Director of Nursing (Resident Service Designee/RN Designee) for our growing community. Evenings & Weekend Availability a Must!
We offer: ✦ Competitive wages ✦ Flexible shifts ✦ Bonus & incentive programs ✦ Paid training ✦ Growth opportunities
APPLY NOW or join us for open interviews every Wednesday from 2:30p-4:00p – Maplewood at Darien, 599 Boston Post Rd., Darien, CT. 06820
The RN Designee supports the SALSA in the administration of the nursing services. In conjunction with the SALSA, the RN Designee directs, plans, and coordinates services activities of professional nursing and auxiliary nursing personnel in rendering resident care. Interprets policy and regulations to all nursing personnel and ensures compliance. Analyzes and evaluates nursing and relates services rendered to ensure quality of resident care. The RN Designee in concert with the SALSA assumes responsibility for providing oversight of the resident health care services needs, including the overall medication delivery system and the coordination of in-service training for the Resident Care Services Department. The RN Designee contributes directly and positively to the team approach to quality resident care by attending to and assisting with a variety of physical, emotional and social needs to help residents maintain the highest level of independence possible.
- Responsible for ensuring clinical services are provided in accordance with state regulations, accepted clinical standards, agency policy and standards.
- Assist in the coordination and management of nursing and personal care attendant services provided to residents.
- Provides nursing services to residents.
- Aware and knowledgeable of the federal and state laws and regulations regarding assisted living/memory care and the regulation of the state’s nursing commission: ensures and maintains regulatory compliance with all such regulations.
- Assisting in the coordination and management of care and services for residents through the following: Move in Process, Assessments and Service Plan, Staff training, Education and Supervision, Proper, Accurate Documentation, Delegation, Infection Control, Move Out/Discontinuation of Services and Quality Assurance.
- Compliance & Safety
- Must be a Registered Nurse, licensed to practice in the State of Connecticut with one of the following: A baccalaureate degree in nursing and a minimum of two (2) years of full time, or the equivalent of full-time, clinical experience in nursing, at least one year of which shall be in a home health care agency or community health program that included care of the sick at home: or a diploma or associates degree in nursing and at least four (4) years of full-time, or the equivalent of full-time, clinical experience in nursing within the past ten (10) years, at least (1) year of which shall be in a home health care agency or community health program that included care of the sick at home.
- Experience and passion in working with seniors
- Able to perform tasks which may be physically demanding such as pushing, bending and lifting up to 60 lbs.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with resident, their families, peers and other staff members.
- In good physical and emotional health and free of communicable diseases.
- Physically able to bend and reach.
- Physically able to push, pull, and lift up to 60 lbs at a time.
- Physically able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Could be required to use a Hoyer Lift.
- Required to work weekends and holidays as assigned.
- May be required to work on shifts other than the one for which hired.
- May be required to work extended hours up to 16 hours per day.
Maplewood Senior Living conducts pre-employment screening including background check, drug screening and reference checks.