At Brightview Senior Living, we strive to provide the highest quality of care in an active, vibrant community. A key leader in the delivery of exceptional care is our Assisted Living Manager.
We are currently seeking an Assisted Living Manager (ALM) at Brightview on New Canaan in Norwalk, Connecticut. The ALM will be hands-on in managing the Assisted Living care team and serve as a member of the community’s leadership team.
In this role, you will:
- Continuously and genuinely demonstrate Brightview’s STARS principles of Service, Teamwork, Action, Reputation and Success in all activities and interactions.
- Select, build, coach, motivate, and supervise a team of passionate Medication Technicians (MedTechs) and Resident Assistants (RA’s) who are responsible for providing the Assisted Daily Living Services (ADL’s) to our residents.
- Help conduct new hire training and monthly in-service trainings.
- Develop work schedules to ensure adequate staffing to meet our Brightview service standards and budget.
- Create and maintain resident profiles.
- Participate in initial and ongoing resident assessments to help identify needs and changes in condition.
- Assist in the development of the Resident Services Plan.
- Continuously build strong relationships with residents and their family.
- Uphold our mission, quality of care, safety and other performance standards.
- Conduct routine rounds of the community.
- Implement and monitor safety protocols.
- Participate in regular resident and family meetings.
- Address complaints and resolve problems.
- Participate in the Manager on Duty program.
With our residents in mind, the right candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a health care, social science, or business discipline. A minimum of three years’ experience working in a health care, senior living, or strong service environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a supervisory role, preferably in a 24 x 7 environment.
- Ability to lead, direct, and motivate others to innovate and excel.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing demands for time and attention.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to interact, in English, with a diverse group of associates, residents, family members and medical practitioners.
- Ability to apply reason, logic, and advanced problem solving skills to resolve complex and/or sensitive issues.
- Strong computer and keyboarding skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel and the ability to quickly master new applications.
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm and energy.
About Brightview Senior Living
Brightview Senior Living opened its first senior living community in 1999 and today offers over 35 communities in eight states (and counting!!!!). The communities include Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Alzheimer’s Care options and we are currently experiencing very impressive and sustained growth.
Brightview is a privately held company based in Baltimore, Maryland, and we have been in business for more than 30 years. We develop, manage, and own residential real estate specializing in senior living communities in the Mid-Atlantic, NY Metro and New England regions.
For more information on Brightview, please visit our website: www.brightviewseniorliving.com, or our LinkedIn Page: www.linkedin.com/company/brightview-senior-living.
“Vibrant People Creating Vibrant Communities”
Located at 162 New Canaan Avenue in Norwalk, Brightview on New Canaan provides senior living in Connecticut and is easily accessible from both I-95 and Merritt Parkway. We serve Fairfield County, including Norwalk, Darien, Westport, Greenwich, and the surrounding areas.