Activities/Program Director (Lifestyle Director) – Norwalk,CT
Maplewood Senior Living is a state-of-the-art, forward-thinking senior living provider. We offer a home-like, luxury environment for our residents, allowing them to live “the good life” in a safe environment. As an associate of Maplewood Senior Living, you will have the ability to make a profound difference in the lives of seniors each and every day. As we continue to grow, we are seeking a devoted and caring Activities Director (Lifestyle Director) to become part of our family. We invite you to take your first step toward a rewarding career with us!
Maplewood offers a comprehensive benefits package for full time employees including medical, dental, vision, 401K and more including company paid time-off, life insurance policy, insurance deductibles and voluntary Aflac insurance.
APPLY NOW at www.maplewoodseniorliving.com/careers. Walk-in applications accepted daily 9am – 6 pm or join us for open interviews every Tuesday, beginning at 2pm.
Maplewood at Strawberry Hill, 73 Strawberry Hill Ave, Norwalk, CT
The Lifestyle Director is responsible for the development, coordination and implementation of all programs, ensuring that they are therapeutic for our residents and maximizes their quality of life. Maplewood Senior Living offers a full range of social, physical, cognitive, emotional, spiritual and purposeful programs to meet overall well-being of our residents. The Lifestyle Director shall make every effort to meet the comprehensive needs and interests of all the residents.
- Design and implement a diverse program calendar based on resident’s interests & abilities.
- Plan, schedule, lead and monitor recreational programs to meet the needs of all of our residents.
- Coordinates transportation for outings and events outside of the community, which may include driving a community motor vehicle
- Successfully work within Lifestyle budgetary guidelines regarding entertainment, supplies, and labor hours
- Plan and implementation of special events
- Implement volunteer program which includes recruitment, interviewing, training and annual recognition
- Hire, train, schedule, supervise, direct and evaluate the performance of all Lifestyle program associates
- Ensure therapeutic recreation programming meets all state, federal and other regulations.
- Must possess a passion for working with the senior population and improving their quality of life
- Provide outstanding customer service to all residents, family members, responsible persons, and visitors of residents in the community
- Personable, reliable, great communicator and team player
- Creative, energetic, enthusiastic, patient, flexible, encouraging, and team-oriented
- Create a positive atmosphere with an engaging variety of activities
- Requires an associate degree from an accredited college or university or satisfactory completion of two years of college, with a major work in recreation, occupational therapy, gerontology or related field, or two years of full-time experience in the recreation field with an adult population
- Experience in an environment which focuses on dementia care, preferred
- Excellent communication, organization and time management skills
- Basic typing skills and computer knowledge: familiarity with MS Word, Excel, Publisher and creative software
- Driver requirements; valid driver’s license with good driving record. May be required to take a driving test